Showing Collections: 21 - 30 of 38
Overview Dr. Howard Garber, who donated the materials in the Howard J. Garber Letter Collection, is a former Clevelander and alumnus of Case Western Reserve University. Between 1979 and 1993, Dr. Garber donated over 2,000 autograph letters, documents and books to the Kelvin Smith Library Special Collections. Dr. Garber's interest in history, particularly British royalty led to his affinity for collecting manuscripts. The collection focuses primarily on political, historical and literary figures in Great...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of correspondence, books, pamphlets, and reprints from journals on invention; materials on patents and scientific related papers. The collection is arranged in the order in which Professor Gilfillan arranged them: by selected topic.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence, arranged chronologically between Goist and Lewis Mumford (ca. 1966-1981) and two reprints of articles about Mumford written by Goist. There are also issues of the journals Architecture and Architectural Record containing articles written by Lewis Mumford.
Overview The Maurice Goldman Papers consist of original music compositions and arrangements, annotated commercial scores, Israeli songsters, clippings, programs, announcements, recordings and photographs. Spanning the years 1933-1993, the collection documents his career as a choral conductor, composer, opera director, music educator, performer and radio commentator in Cleveland, Ohio, and Los Angeles, California.
Scope and Contents The collection is an important and extensive record of original research done by Norman P. Goss that led to patents for new processes in the manufacturing of silicon steel and continuous castings in the metals field.
Overview The Clifford M. Holland Papers consist of material documenting his career as a tunnel engineer, specifically regarding the construction of tunnels, tunnel linings, shields, design, stress analysis, contracts and bids for work on the Rapid Transit Commission tunnels under the East River in New York City from 1901-1924.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of the working papers of Hugh S. Cooper, primarily laboratory records and patents, and a small amount of his personal papers.
Scope and Content This collection consists of letters and supporting documentation, books on the art of letter writing, a small miscellaneous grouping of catalogs and photographs, and issues of The Wolf Magazine of Letters from June-July 1979 to Summer Quarterly 1991. The earliest letter, from the Marquise de Sevigne, dates from 1695; while the most recent was signed by entertainer Mike Douglas in 1980. Most of the letters date from the 19th century. The collection, which now numbers 85 letters, will continue to...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of one volume, dated 1930, of photographs and descriptions of the Cleveland, Ohio laboratory of The Mechanical Rubber Company. The photographs are mostly of machinery, laboratories, or men performing experiments. The descriptions provide information about what is being depicted in the photographs. According to the first page in the volume, “this book endeavors to present in pictorial form a record of the work, equipment, and operation of the Cleveland...
Content Description The collection consists of office files, artists files, audio and video recordings, programs, posters, photographs and artifacts and ephemera relating to the Performance Art Festival (PAF) held annually from 1988-1999 in Cleveland, OH. Created and collected by festival founder Thomas Mulready, the PAF Archive was donated to Case Western Reserve University in 2015. PAF was the largest event of its kind, attracting artists from around the world. Interested artists applied to be in...
- Autographs -- Collections 3
- Composers -- Ohio -- Cleveland -- 20th century 2
- Composition (Music) 2
- Letter writing 2
- Letters 2
- Music -- Instruction and study -- Ohio -- Cleveland -- 20th century 2
- Orchestral music 2
- American letters -- 19th century 1
- Archaeology -- Jordan 1
- Arthur Young & Company 1
- Bedford Stone District of Indiana 1
- Beryllium industry -- Ohio -- Cleveland 1
- Book collecting -- Ohio -- Cleveland -- Societies, etc 1
- Book collectors -- Ohio -- Cleveland -- Societies, etc 1
- Bookplates 1
- Bridge failures -- Washington (State) -- Tacoma Narrows -- 1940 1
- Composers -- Hungary -- 20th century 1
- Deleware River Bridge 1
- Drafts and revisions of "I Come as a Thief" 1
- Electrification -- United States 1
- English letters -- Great Britain -- 18th century 1
- English letters -- Great Britain -- 19th century 1
- Ernst & Ernst 1
- Ernst & Whinney 1
- Ernst & Young 1
- Field work 1
- Greatest story ever told (Motion picture) 1
- Holland Tunnel (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Industries -- Scotland -- Renfrew -- Photographs 1
- Inertial navigation systems 1
- Jewish Music 1
- Jews -- Music 1
- Machine-tool industry -- United States -- History 1
- Manhattan Bridge (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Musicians -- Ohio -- Cleveland 1
- Panama Canal (Panama) -- Design and construction 1
- Performance art--United States 1
- Political activists -- United States 1
- Renfrew (Scotland) -- Photographs 1
- Rocketry -- Societies, etc. 1
- Rowfant Club (Cleveland, Ohio). -- Rowfantia 1
- San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge (Oakland and San Francisco, Calif.) 1
- Special Libraries Association 1
- Steam-boilers -- History 1
- Student newspapers and periodicals 1
- Technical writing 1
- Telegraph 1
- Tell Nimrin 1
- Triborough Bridge (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Wall Street (New York, N.Y.) -- Fiction 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 ∧ less
- Trumpour, Frederick J., 1870 October 3 - 1959 June 17 1